Updated March 31, 2020
Our Site provides online marketplace and information services for all types of business Merchant Accounts, processing devices and similar products (“Products”). In doing so, we act as intermediary between users who are interested in such Products and a variety of non-affiliated banks and other financial services Institutions/Underwriters (“Providers”).
The Site is governed by the laws of the United States and is intended for use only by residents of the United States. We make no representation that the Site is governed by, or operated in accordance with, the laws of any other nation or jurisdiction.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal Identifiable Information (PII)
We collect personally identifiable information from you when you voluntarily provide such information. Such as when you access, complete or submit any one of our online forms, tools or content items, contact us with inquiries or request to use one of our services. PII is information that can identify you or your business, such as your name, address, social security number, telephone number, cell phone number and email address. PII could also include information you provide on others, such as co-signers and co-owners.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information (NPII) is collected and could be used to identify you by collecting demographic data, online activity data and other information.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Rule
We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose PII from anyone under the age of 18. If we determine that a User is under this age, we will not share or maintain their PII without consent from a parent or guardian. If we become aware that we have collected PII from a child under the age of 18, we will make every effort to delete such information from our systems and records.
How we collect information
- The Internet Protocol (IP) address and domain used
- Type of browser and operating system used
- Device type and ID
- Date and time of your visit to the Site
- Web pages you visited
- Actions you performed or attempted, including clickstream data
- Codes that correspond to the status of your actions
- The geographic location of the computer or mobile device you use to access the Site
- The email address when you enter it on one of our forms regardless of whether you submit the entire form
The above information is used to improve the content and/or layout of the Site and/or to establish your Merchant Account. We do not sell or rent any information we collect. We also do not share this information with third parties; provided however, that we may share information with our Providers in order to process any services you have requested or other everyday business purposes such as fraud prevention. We may also engage in geo-tracking and/or geotagging activities. We may combine this automatically collected log information with other Information we collect about you or your business.
Part of our Service is to select product opportunities that might interest you and your business through our inquiry process. An “Inquiry” occurs when you choose to submit information to us through a form or upload on our Site. Submitting your information helps us provide you with the best available options for Merchant Services or other related Products. We are not a bank, lender or credit card issuer. We are not the underwriter of any Merchant Account.
Information provided to us
We may collect, store, and use personal and/or business financial information you provide to use when using the Site or our Services. This information could be provided via an online form, over the phone, in person, by text, application, or via other means in which you interact with our Services. This information may include your name, address, social security number, telephone number and e-mail address. Financial information includes any information you have provided using the Site regarding your bank accounts, credit or debit cards, loans or other financial relationships or circumstances. We may use information you provide:
- To process and select product opportunities to present to you
- To process any Services or Products you have requested or selected
- For fraud prevention purposes
- To make the Site more useful and easier to use
- For everyday purposes in operating our business
We may share the information you provide to use with our Providers in connection with any of the foregoing uses. We do not sell or rent such information to third parties. While providing our Services, information about you may be collected from third party service Providers, such as social networks, credit bureaus and other data vendors who have data on your financial profile or other demographic information.
Our Site may place and/or store codes or other types of information and/or devices (i.e.: “cookies”) on your computer, mobile or other devices (collectively “Local Device Storage”). We may use Local Device Storage for any lawful business purpose, including without limitation to determine which of our messages have been opened by recipients so we can gauge the effectiveness of marketing campaigns, to track usage patterns, the movements of individual users, your geographic location, to help diagnose problems with our servers, to gather broad demographic information, to analyze trends, to conduct research, to deliver editorial content, to record registration and personalization information and to otherwise administer the Site and/or Services.
For example, if you register on any part of the Site and are given the option to save your username and password, we may provide this convenience to you via Local Device Storage. Local Device Storage may also collect and store your personal identifiable information, which may be shared with our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates and other companies.
If you do not want to use Local Device Storage, your computer, mobile or other devices may include an option that allows you to not accept it. However, if you disable Local Device Storage, some portions of our Services may not function properly.
In addition to Local Device Storage, we may use web beacons, web bugs, tracking identification codes, clear gifs and similar technologies (collectively, with Local Device Storage, “Tracking Technologies”). We use Tracking Technologies for all or some of the same lawful business purposes we describe above for use of Local Device Storage.
How we use information
We may use your information to:
- Deliver the services you requested from us, including the selection of Product opportunities that might interest you
- Transmit information to Product Providers you select
- Improve our Site, customize your experience and otherwise operate our business
- Improve customer service
- Communicate with you about your online Capital Bankcard-New England, LLC Merchant Account.
We also use your personal, demographic and profile data for statistical analysis and for editorial or feedback purposes. Information collected by us may be added to our databases and used for future e-mails, newsletters or postal mailings regarding Site updates, new Products and Services, upcoming events and/or the status of your Merchant Account. We have the right to use your name in connection with the submitted materials and other information as well as in connection with all advertising, marketing and promotional material related thereto.
We may also use your Information for certain legal reasons. We reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information (including PII) as reasonably necessary to:
- Protect the rights, safety and security of our Users, our Services or equipment, or any third-party Partner or Provider
- Detect, prevent, investigate or otherwise mitigate fraud, security or technical issues related to our Services or our Providers
- Comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena or legal process; respond to any governmental requests; and/or cooperate with law enforcement, if we believe such action is required or permitted by law
Who we share your data with
We are not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your Information with certain third parties without further notice to you, as listed below:
- Product Providers including, credit card providers, lenders and other third parties who provide Product and Merchant Services to our Users. When you submit an Inquiry through the Site, you agree that we may share your Information with these Providers so that they can provide the Products or Services you requested. The Providers with whom we share your information may retain or use your Information whether or not you buy their Products or use their Services. You should contact these Providers directly to learn about their own privacy and information sharing practices.
We may also disclose your Information in the following circumstances, at our sole discretion:
- In response to a court order, subpoena, or similar investigative demand; a request for cooperation from a law enforcement agency, self-regulatory body or other governmental agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims; or as we reasonably believe is required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- When we believe disclosure is appropriate in order to detect, prevent, investigate or otherwise take action against actual or suspected illegal activity or other wrongdoing, including fraud; to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of our company, Users, employees or others; or to enforce CBNE Agreements or Policies.
- In order to detect, prevent or otherwise address security or technical issues related to our Services or Providers or other Partners.
- In connection with state and/or federal licensing and registration requirements which may require the reporting of Information from Merchant Service inquiries we receive from you. You authorize us to obtain any and all required information from Providers whose Products or Services you have purchased in order for us to comply with current laws and regulations, as well as with any requests from state or federal regulators. This information could include but is not limited to all aspects/components of your Merchant Account and/or application.
- In connection with a corporate transaction, such as a sale, divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale or bankruptcy of CBNE, or any entity, brand or division thereof. We may share NPII with third parties, at our sole discretion. There may also be certain situations in which we share your PII after receiving your consent.
Third Party Content
We may display other third-party content or links to third party websites or applications on the Site, including links to our Providers. Such content could include features that allow you to connect your CBNE Merchant Account with your social media, financial institution and other third-party accounts. Please be advised that when you leave our Services or interact with a third party feature, you should read the applicable privacy policies or terms of service of those parties so that you understand their own information collection and sharing practices.
We may provide opportunities on the Site for you to publicly post reviews, testimonies, comments or other content which may include Personal or Member Profile Information, like your name or username. Please carefully consider what you decide to share in these public forums.
If you no longer wish to receive marketing communications from us, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. There may also be an unsubscribe link at the bottom of emails, texts or other communications that we send you.
How long we retain your data
Due to regulatory recordkeeping and information retention requirements, we do not delete your information when you deactivate your Merchant Account. We will, however, disable your account and remove you from our communication and distribution list.
If you decide you no longer want to use our Services, you must deactivate your Merchant Account by contacting your Merchant Service Advisor, or by emailing us at email@example.com, by phone at 860-774-8210, or by regular mail at Capital Bankcard-New England, LLC – 26 Barrett Hill Road, Brooklyn CT 06234-1500.
Your contact information
To update your information, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by contacting your Merchant Service Advisor at 860-774-8210, or by mail at Capital Bankcard-New England – 26 Barrett Hill Road, Brooklyn CT 06234-1500.
You are responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the information you provide to us, such as your Merchant Account information and/or any Federal or State Tax ID information.
How we protect your data
We maintain what we believe to be industry standard technical, physical and administrative security procedures and practices to protect your PII against unauthorized access, disclosure, destruction, use or alteration. We use encryption in the transmission of your Information between your system and ours and our Site and Providers. We also use firewalls and other intrusion detection and prevention controls to help prevent unauthorized persons from gaining access to your information. We require any Providers that may have access to your PII to implement and maintain industry standard security procedures and practices. We also require employees to comply with our own internal information security policies.
Because no data transmission is completely secure, and no system of physical or electronic security is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of the information you send to us; your communications or other activities on the Site; or the security of our servers, networks or databases, and by using the Site you agree to assume all risk in connection with the information sent to us or collected by us when you access, visit and/or use the Site, including without limitation your personally identifiable information or other information, and we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof.
If you elect to store information, such as your PII or other user account information, where others may access it, we are not responsible for any loss of such information or the consequences thereof. If you lose a computer, mobile or other device, or it is stolen, that contains your PII or other information it is up to you to take all the steps necessary to protect yourself.
The office of Capital Bankcard – New England, LLC is secured by 24/7/365 video surveillance and is electronically connected to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
In the unlikely event that we believe that the security of your information in our possession or control may have been compromised, we may seek to notify you. If notification is appropriate, we may notify you via your computer, mobile or other communication device.
If you are, or believe you have become, a victim of identity theft, or if you become aware that your personal information has been compromised, you may want to contact one of the three nationwide Credit Reporting Agencies to report possible fraudulent activity under your name (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion). Contact them to report any possible fraudulent activity under your name and to learn more about fraud alerts and security freezes that you can place on your credit reports and other preventative measures you can take now to help detect and prevent the improper use of your information.
How to contact us
Capital Bankcard-New England, LLC
Attn: William T. Morrone-Owner/Manager
26 Barrett Hill Road
Brooklyn, CT 06234-1500
or call the office at 860-774-8210